This mission statement has personality that has been, is, and will continually be reflected in this body of believers. Within this statement there are words that describe the atmosphere we desire at Revive Church AG. Within the statement are words that point to Christ as the head of the Church.
A. The Atmosphere of the Church
1. We want to be a growing church.
2. We want to be a magnetic church. Right after Jesus gave us the beatitudes in Matthew 5, he made two interesting statements concerning Christians. He said, "You are the salt of the earth," and "you are the light of the world." Jesus' expectation of our lives is that we should be a preservative to our society. Our lives should, as salt, make those around us thirsty for Jesus. We ought to be the light of the path of a darkened, troubled world. We become beautiful when our attitude toward Christ, others, and ourselves are right. An attitude is nothing more than "an outward expression of an inward feeling". When we are inwardly attractive, we outwardly become a beautiful demonstration of love to those around us.
3. We want to be an encouraging church. Hebrews 10:25 states that we are not to "forsake our own assembling together, as the habit of some, but encouraging one another and all the more, as you see the day drawing near."
4. We want to be a church with multiple ministries with an international outreach - "a dynamic ministry serving." To minister to someone is to reach out and meet their needs. Jesus taught us that the highest form of leadership is service to others. Too often we do injustice to the word "ministry" by placing it under the hat of a man or woman who becomes a pastor or full-time ordained individual. The importance of ministering to one another is demonstrated in Matthew 26:6-13. In this scripture, a lady came and placed perfume upon Jesus and expressed her devotion to Him. When others complained about the cost of the perfume, it was evident that they did not understand that ministering to others is more important than status (for she was a lowly woman) or cost. Jesus was so touched by her ministering to Him that He declared, "wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done shall also be spoken of in memory of her."
B. The Attitude of the church
1. To reach the lost for Christ. "For the Son of man came to seek and to save the lost."
2. To preach the doctrine of entire sanctification. "For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life" (I Thessalonians 4:7).
"May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ' (I Thessalonians 5:23).
3. To equip believers for a dynamic ministry. (Ephesians 4)
C. The Achievement of the Church
1. To disciple believers in God's Word. A disciple of Christ is one who loves and obeys the Lord's teachings.
2. To send others into full-time Christian service. (Acts 13)
3. To provide a climate for spiritual growth. The only thing beautiful about our Church is Jesus. When, as a congregation, we serve His presence in our service, then all is well. When He comes, lives are changed, hurts are healed, and joy is received.
4. To grow a great church in our city for God's glory.
Our "Mission Statement" will be a faithful guide into the future. This "Mission Statement" will infuse direction, prayer, and energy into the body of Christ. As we cooperate and worship together God will honor and bless our resources in order that we might reach a hurting world for Christ's sake.